MMA Takedown: 12/31 – 1/6
- Tito Ortiz is targeting July 4th as his final fight, re-iterating that he would prefer to face either Chuck Liddell or Forrest Griffin. Liddell is firmly retired and a match against Griffin would make the most sense.
- Thiago Silva’s one year suspension for failing a drug test after UFC 125, is over. He still needs to apply for a liscense to fight if he wants to get back into the cage.
- Dennis Siver has confirmed he is moving down to featherweight. No word on who his first opponent will be.
- According to Compustrike numbers, Nate Diaz landed an astonishing 82% of his strikes (258/314) against Donald Cerrone at UFC 141.
- In more UFC 141 news, both Matt Riddle and Luis Ramos were paid their full payout PLUS win bonus’ despite their bout being cancelled. Riddle had to pull out of the bout at the last minute after not being cleared to fight with an illness. Class act on the UFC’s part.
- Jacob Volkmann continued to show love to the current President of the United States after his fight with Efrain Escudero. Speaking to Joe Rogan, he said:”Obama needs a glassectomy,” said Volkmann. “Ask me what a glassectomy is, Joe,” said Volkmann. Rogan asked, and Volkmann continued.”It’s where they remove the belly button and put a piece of glass in there so you can see what you’re doing while your head’s up your ass.”
- Apparently Las Vegas odds makers were not impressed with Alistair Overeem’s victory over Brock Lesnar. Junior Dos Santos has opened as a two to one favorite over “The Reem”.
- Cody McKenzie is out and Shane Roller is in against Michael Johnson at the upcoming UFC on FOX2 event, January 28th. McKenzie has an undisclosed injury.
- Apparently Grey Maynard has been training with Jose Aldo in preperation for Aldo’s fight against Chad Mendes at UFC 142. In the process, Maynard picked up his blue belt in BJJ.
- Miesha Tate will face Ronda Rousey for the Strikeforce womens bantamweight championship on March 3rd on Columbus, OH. Three words: Must Watch TV. Ok, yes these are two very lovely ladies, but for real, these girls can throw down and it should be an exciting fight. Make sure you check it out.