SK Top 20 NCAA football rankings week 12
Elimination week continues in college football. The slightest mistake could end a schools dreams of competing in the Championship final 4 series. This week saw Notre Dame and Auburn get their hopes crushed. It’s officially coming down to the wire.
Some good games were played Thursday – Saturday, so let’s highlight a few:
- Notre Dame came into Tempe and lost a tough game to Arizona State 55 – 31. Arizona State raced out to a big lead then held on late to send the Irish home with loss number 2 on the year.
- Alabama went into Death Valley and found a way to beat a tough LSU team 16 – 13 in OT. Alabama seems to be getting stronger as the season goes on.
- Auburn did everything possible to lose to Texas A&M and they were successful falling 41 – 38 courtesy to 2 late fumbles.
This weekend, the games to watch are:
- Mississippi State vs. Alabama
- If Mississippi State beats Alabama, they could probably suffer a loss down the line and still reach the Championship final 4. However, a loss at home all but eliminates Alabama.
- Florida State vs. Miami
- Miami is not the Miami of old, but this is still a rivalry game and they will push Florida State.
- Arizona State vs. Oregon State
- Oregon State promises bad weather for the visiting Sun Devils. The Sun Devils will have to forget their big win against Notre Dame and keep their eyes on the Beavers or they will lose in this hostile environment.
|1||Florida State||9 — 0|
|2||Mississippi State||9 — 0|
|3||Alabama||8 — 1|
|4||Oregon||9 — 1|
|6||Baylor||8 — 1|
|7||Arizona State||8 — 1|
|8||Ohio State||8 — 1|
|9||Nebraska||8 — 1|
|10||Auburn||7 — 2|
|11||Ole Miss||8 — 2|
|12||Michigan State||7 — 2|
|13||UCLA||8 — 2|
|14||Notre Dame||7 — 2|
|15||Kansas State||7 — 2|
|16||Georgia||7 — 2|
|17||Duke||8 — 1|
|18||Clemson||7 — 2|
|19||Arizona||7 — 2|
|20||Marshall||9 — 0|
- Previous Carson Palmer vows to “attack” his knee injury and return to Cardinals
- Next MLB players to test free agency